- db_flatlands_web David Batchelor: Flatlands softcover book 120 pages, 21 x 26.5 cm<br /> published by the Fruitmarket Gallery, Edinburgh and Spike Island, Bristol (2012) <div id="bpebox" style="margin: 5px 0 5px 0; color:#666;">£16.95 </div>
David Batchelor: Flatlands
Published by the Fruitmarket Gallery, Edinburgh and Spike Island, Bristol, this exhibition catalogue is published to coincide with David Batchelor’s major solo exhibition, Flatlands, the first ever survey of his two-dimensional work.
David Batchelor is best known for his vividly coloured sculptural installations of illuminated lightboxes, industrial dollies, and other found objects. He has, however, always been interested in drawing, painting, abstraction and the monochrome. This publication is the first considered attempt to analyse Batchelor’s two-dimensional works by reflecting critically on his use of surface, painting, drawing, and colour.
The book is extensively illustrated and includes new texts by writer and curator Rudi Fuchs and Director of The Fruitmarket Gallery Fiona Bradley. The publication also contains an insightful interview with the artist conducted by writer and curator Andrea Schlieker.
- > More on David Batchelor
- > View Books, Prints & Editions by David Batchelor
- > Exhibition - FOUND - Art Basel Miami Beach 2017 - Booth I10
- > Exhibition - Ingleby at the Fitzrovia Chapel, London
- > Exhibition - Billboard for Edinburgh: David Batchelor
- > Exhibition - Gravity's Rainbow
- > Exhibition - David Batchelor & Nikolai Suetin
- > Exhibition - David Batchelor: Candela V & VI
- > Exhibition - Thread