- kp_100_billion_suns_web 100 Billion Suns 2011<br />four-colour lithograph on Munken Polar 240gsm paper<br />edition of 150<br />84.1 x 59.4cm (paper size) <div id="bpebox" style="margin: 5px 0 5px 0; color:#666;">£175 inc VAT (unframed) </div>
100 Billion Suns
Katie Paterson’s work is multidisciplinary and conceptually driven with and emphasis on nature, ecology, geology and cosmology. This new print is based on Paterson’s 100 Billion Suns performance that was launched at the 2011 Venice Biennale. The performance features a confetti cannon with thousands of brightly coloured pieces of paper whose colours correspond to those of Gamma Ray Bursts that have occurred in our universe. Gamma Ray Burst are the brightest explosions in the universe and they burn with a luminosity 100 billion times than that of our sun.
The price quoted is the unframed price.
Please note; the price listed includes a local sales tax at 20%. For online orders outwith the European Community, this tax will be deducted from your shopping basket, when setting your delivery location.
- > More on Katie Paterson
- > View Books, Prints & Editions by Katie Paterson
- > Exhibition - Jacob's Ladder
- > Exhibition - and per se and part III - Albrecht Durer and Katie Paterson
- > Exhibition - Billboard for Edinburgh: Katie Paterson
- > Exhibition - Katie Paterson: Ideas
- > Exhibition - Mystics or Rationalists?