- david_batchelor_ocib_02_web David Batchelor OC-IB 2015<br /> digital pigment and screenprint<br /> edition of 50 (each hand finished by the artist)<br /> 35 x 28 cm (paper size) <div id="bpebox" style="margin: 5px 0 5px 0; color:#666;">£168 inc VAT </div>
Since its launch in 1976, October has been the single most influential journal of art theory and criticism. Yet in nearly 40 years of publication not a single image has been reproduced in colour.
To redress this balance, David Batchelor has drawn over a copy of the first issue of October transforming the monochromatic publication with a myriad of colours. The October Colouring-In Book was shown at Batchelor’s Flatlands exhibition at the Fruitmarket Gallery in 2013 and is currently on display at The Whitechapel Gallery, London as part of the exhibition Adventures of the Black Square. This new print takes Batchelor’s cover drawing as a starting point. It is printed in a combination of digital pigment and silkscreen, with each print hand-finished by the artist.
digital pigment and screenprint on Somerset Enhanced Velvet 225gsm paper
edition of 50 (each print hand-finished by artist)
35 x 28 cm
Please note; the price includes a local sales tax at 20%. For orders outwith the EU, the tax charge will be manually deducted from your payment after you have completed the checkout process.
- > More on David Batchelor
- > View Books, Prints & Editions by David Batchelor
- > Exhibition - FOUND - Art Basel Miami Beach 2017 - Booth I10
- > Exhibition - Ingleby at the Fitzrovia Chapel, London
- > Exhibition - Billboard for Edinburgh: David Batchelor
- > Exhibition - Gravity's Rainbow
- > Exhibition - David Batchelor & Nikolai Suetin
- > Exhibition - David Batchelor: Candela V & VI
- > Exhibition - Thread