- A Year in The Making: Untitled (XVIII) 2009-2010 A Year in the Making: (Untitled XVIII) 2009-2010 <br />DVD (running time: 22 mins), Shadowcat Films <div id="bpebox" style="margin: 5px 0 5px 0; color:#666;">£15 inc VAT </div>
A Year in The Making: Untitled (XVIII) 2009-2010
James Hugonin is a British painter who has lived and worked in rural Northumberland for the past twenty years. During this time he has produced a remarkable series of eighteen abstract paintings, each taking a year to complete. The works consist of 55,000 tiny individual marks that create intense evocations of colour and light.
This film is a record of the making of Untitled (XVIII), the last painting in the series, which was completed in May 2010. It highlights the essentially collaborative nature of Hugonin’s practice and reveals some of his painstaking working methods. It also includes an interview with Chris Yetton who has comprehensively written about Hugonin’s work over the last five years.
- > More on James Hugonin
- > View Books, Prints & Editions by James Hugonin
- > Exhibition - and per se and: part XI - James Hugonin and Giorgio Morandi
- > Exhibition - and per se and: Part X - Agnes Martin & James Hugonin
- > Exhibition - James Hugonin - Binary Rhythm: Paintings 2010 -2015
- > Exhibition - James Hugonin
- > Exhibition - James Hugonin & Howard Skempton